EFFECTIVE PREPARATION METHODS
Preparing for the IELTS Writing Test is NOT just “practice! practice! practice!” You need to know how to give the IELTS Examiner what they are looking for. That’s what I aim to do through this website.
CLEAR, CONCISE ADVICE
The Internet is packed with tricks, secrets, tips and shortcuts about the IELTS Writing Test. It’s too much! Some of it is confusing. And some of it wrong. I aim to give you key principles and strategies.
THE BEST MATERIALS
Using the wrong practice material means doing the wrong thing. Many test takers write practice essays which respond to badly-written essay questions on obscure topics. You need to use the best materials to get the best results.
Hi. My name is Charles Cornelius and I’m an experienced IELTS tutor. I’ve got over 20 years’ teaching experience all over the world.
I’ve worked with both The British Council and IDP.
I am passionate about helping students with the IELTS Test because I know that success on the IELTS can help you change your life. So I aim to offer clear and effective advice about the IELTS Test.
I’ve helped thousands of students prepare for the IELTS test and I hope I can do the same for you. I focus mostly on helping students with their writing, but I also offer advice for the other parts of the test too.
Start your journey to Band 7 by reading one of my essential guides below.
Get Help With IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Sample Essay: Popularity of Crime Novels and TV Dramas March 2, 2021
- IELTS Model Essay: Owning a Home v Renting March 1, 2021
- Carrier Nouns: a great way to improve cohesion February 15, 2021
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Assessment Criteria: What Does Position Mean? November 30, 2020
- Authentic IELTS Essay Questions November 22, 2020
- IELTS Listening Tips February 15, 2020
Top Posts & Pages
- IELTS Speaking Band Score: how to get an 8.0
- IELTS Remark: Should I Request An EOR?
- Generating Ideas for IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Speaking Part 2: The Essential Study Guide
- IELTS Model Essay: Increased Life Expectancy
- IELTS Writing Sample Questions: Task 2
- IELTS Model Essay: Environmental Problems
- IELTS Model Essay: Owning a Home v Renting
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Sample Question: Bar Chart
- IELTS Sample Questions for the Writing Test